Sunday August 13, 2023 at noon in Barn 6
Director: Andrew Hodges
Junior Committee: Hayden Payne
Rules and Regulations
- Livestock Exhibitors must provide proof of $1,000,000 liability insurance or entries will be refused.
- Each Exhibitor must have purchased a 2023 Membership prior to the fair in order to exhibit. Please refer to Membership/Admission section of the prize list for membership fee information, which must accompany the entry form. Exhibitors that have not purchased a 2023 membership will not be permitted to exhibit.
- Fair Regulations 1 to 7 and 12 to 19, at the front of this book will apply, subject to the following:
- Entries must be received by Friday July 28th, 2023 by email to the Secretary, Navan Fair, 1279 Colonial Road, Navan, ON, K4B 1N1, (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR
- All entries must be made on the special entry forms provided with this prize list.
- In lieu of entry fees, 20% will be deducted from all prize money, if any.
- Exhibitors’ passes will be available at the Fair office.
- All animals exhibited must be registered, and must be entered in the records of the applicable Breed Association in the name of the Exhibitor, except for Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire classes.
- Each animal will be checked against its pedigree and production records prior to entry into the ring.
- A maximum of two (2) substitute animals will be permitted.
- All animals to be exhibited must be on the grounds at least one hour before show time. Bedding and feed will not be provided. All Exhibitors must vacate their stall space within 3 hours of the end of their show, in order to make room for the following show.
- An Exhibitor may have a maximum of 3 exhibits per section in a maximum of 3 sections. Note the exception of Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire.
- Each breeding unit is allowed a maximum of 10 exhibits, excluding the Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire.
- Animals showing signs of contagious diseases or parasitic infections, e.g. ringworm, IBR, lice, etc., will not be allowed on the grounds. If a Veterinary check is required, it will be at the expense of the exhibitor and the veterinary ‘s decision is final. Also, the CTAS recommends that all animals have proof of Rabies Immunization a minimum of 30 days prior to the show in order to comply with O. Reg. 497/17, which is in affect as of July 1st, 2019.
- The Judge may be asked to give reasons on the top 3 or 4 animals in each section.
- Your attention is drawn to the fact that there must be at least 3 Exhibitors and 24 exhibits in each breed of beef classification to receive the prize money stated. Otherwise, one-half of the stipulated amount will be paid in any class to any exhibitor.
- A maximum of 3 entries per Exhibitor, per class will be permitted.
(Entire entries received show day will be charged $10. additional administration fee to exhibitor)
Beginning at noon, showing will alternate between Hereford, Angus and Simmental breeds. This is a one-day show. All exhibitors will be assigned a number Section.
Open Junior Showmanship Class:
- Juniors from Hereford, Angus and Simmentals may participate
- Show to take place prior to open show
- No entry fee
- All animals presented must be covered by liability insurance from the Farm or Exhibitor
Prize Money: Open Showmanship
Pee Wee 1st – $20. EOC – $10.
Junior 1st – $20. EOC – $10.
Intermediate 1st – $50. EOC – $10.
Senior 1st – $50. EOC – $10.
Champion Showman $50. Reserve Showman $25.
- Pee Wee – Ages 3-7 Years Old (as of Jan.1, 2023)
- Junior – Ages 8-13 Years Old (as of Jan. 1, 2023)
- Intermediate – Ages 14-17 Years Old (as of Jan. 1, 2023)
- Senior – Ages 18-21 Years Old (as of Jan. 1, 2023)
- Bull, Calf, born on or after January 1, 2023, minimum of three months of age on day of judging.
- Bull, Yearling, born January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
- Grand Champion & Reserve Champion Bull
Prize 1st – $50. plus banner 2nd – $25.
- Female, Calf, born on or after January 1, 2023, minimum of three months of age on day of judging.
- Female, Heifer; born March 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022.
- Female, Heifer, born January 1, 2022 to February 28, 2022.
- Female, born January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021, with her own 2023 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in calf classes and Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire.
- Female, born prior to January 1, 2021, with her own 2023 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in calf classes and Breeder’s Herd and Get of Sire
- Grand Champion & Reserve Champion Female
Prize 1st – $50. plus banner 2nd – $25.
- Breeder’s Herd – a group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor, both sexes to be represented, at least one animal must be owned by the Exhibitor. Animals must be shown in one of the previous sections. Limited to one exhibit per Exhibitor
(20% will be deducted from all prize money)
1st – $70. 2nd – $60. 3rd – $50. 4th – $40. 5th – $35. 6th – $30. 7th – $25. 8th – $20. 9th – 15. 10th – $10.