Saturday August 12th, 2023
Director: Eleanor Hodges
Committee: Bob Burns, Tracey Hayes, Brenda & John Presley, Ron Smith & Laurie Watson, David Gratton, Catalina Clifford
Rules and Regulations.
- Judging will be based in 3 categories on the following 4 criteria; Creativity/Originality, Decoration & Costume, Crowd appeal, Interpretation of Fair theme, by a panel located along the route.
- The 3 categories are: Family, Community, and Commercial.
- Parade will begin on Smith Road (same as last year)
- Floats must be on site no later than 9:30am to be signed in and given their Parade position number card for display on the entry. All entries must be pre-registered to participate. (Late-comers, and non-registrants may still join the parade, but risk not being eligible for judging.)
- At our insurance company’s insistence, livestock exhibitors must provide proof of liability insurance or entries will have to be refused. (Please Fax to Fair office at 613-835-4008)
- Unlicensed drivers will not be allowed to operate motorized vehicles in the parade.
- Entries by e-mail to email@example.com by phone to Eleanor Hodges at 613-833-2792, or fair office at 613-835-2766 by Friday, August 4, 2023.
- Theme of the Fair this year is, “From Field to Fair”. You may refer to the theme when you design your float entries, (but it is not compulsory).
- Each entry is to supply own power (tractor, horse or vehicle) & wagon for the float, with a maximum height of 12 feet.
- Please note that costumed children, & decorated bikes & pets, need to be present no later than 10:00 for their judging which will still take place on site so they can receive their prizes that day.
- The parade will start at 10:45, rain or shine.
- The parade ends at the Delson Drive entrance to the Fair grounds. (Floats may continue along Delson to Trim Road for return to the parade field for dismantling if required.)
- A school bus is provided to return personnel to the field if needed.
- Tossing of candy etc; is not recommended due to liability issues, but hand-delivery is encouraged.
Prize Money: 1st – $75. 2nd – $50. 3rd – $40.
NOTE: All prize winners will be posted at the Fair Office no later than 2 p.m. after the parade ends. Each prize winning entry will be notified by phone, and advised they can pick up their prize monies and ribbons at the Fair Office any time during the Fair, or the week following. (Please call ahead to make arrangements.)
Note: Any monies not picked up by September 18th will be considered a donation to the Fair.
The Lloyd G. Morrison Memorial Plaque will be awarded to the “best over-all float” each year. This plaque, donated by Jean Morrison, will be presented at the Annual General Meeting held each January, and then displayed in the Navan Fair Agricultural building. A large rosette ribbon and certificate will also be given to the winning entry to keep.
***Under 6 must be accompanied by an older child or adult.***
- Children’s costumes. – $6. and a ribbon will be awarded to each worthy entry. (Entrant must participate in the Fair Parade, but NOT as part of a float.)
- Decorated bikes and wagons, 3 -12 years of age. – $4. and a ribbon to each worthy entry.
- Decorated pets, 3 -12 years of age. Must be on a leash, or in a cage and on a wagon if required. – $4 and a ribbon to each worthy entry.
- Horse & rider. Ribbons only.
- Horse drawn vehicles. Ribbons only. (Please display your name on entry.)
- Antique tractor, and /or farm implement. Ribbons only.
- Antique cars, trucks, or other antique vehicles. Ribbons only.
- Anything you think would be great in a parade. (Use your imagination.) Ribbons only.
Note to entrants & parents: Due to the nature of classes 1, 2, and 3, late entries will not be refused. However, every effort should be made to phone in entries by Friday August 11th, with the child’s name & age, parents name & contact number, and what category the entry is.